Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 29, 2011

35 Reasons You Should Work With a Coach

A coach can help you with your X's and O's.

Working with a coach has become quite the norm in our modern work world. From professional athletes to successful business professionals, from mid-life moms to college graduates, the reasons for working with a coach are as varied as the individuals.

Coaching can take many forms, from individual sessions to group workshops, in person, on the phone or over the internet.

We can’t list them all, but here are 35 of the most common reasons I here from people.

I want to make changes or advance my career.I want help with strategic planning for my business or endeavor.I want to be more effective in the way I work or manage my business.I need help to develop my ideas into work that is both financially and personally rewarding.I want to become a stronger leader and learn how to better manage people.I want to build my brand and position myself as an expert in my field.I want to learn better negotiating skills and how to value my work appropriately.I want to increase my income and improve my financial security.I need help to determine appropriate action steps that will allow me to meet my goals.I need help to structure and organize my workday and schedule so I can get more done in less time.I want to improve my productivity and time management skills.I need to establish stronger boundaries so that my time and energy are respected by others.I want to be more compassionate and less critical of myself and others.I have crucial issues, conflicts or situations that I need to address in my life.I want to develop a greater understanding of my life and my role in connection to something larger.I need to improve my confidence and improve my sense of self-worth.I want to create a life plan that will help me to design the life I want.I am spinning in overwhelm and need help to get my life under control.I know that I have a purpose or a gift that I am meant to share, but I need help figuring out what that is.I need help to identify and assess what my personal wants and needs are for fulfillment and satisfaction.I want to cultivate a sense of gratitude and grace in my life.I need to learn how to better prioritize my goals and responsibilities.I need help to break through the obstacles that stand in the way of achieving my goals.I want to learn better ways to deal with difficult people in a constructive manner.I want to learn to develop and nurture my creativity in a way that fulfills me.I need help to learn how to manage stress and minimize its effects on my body.I want to find a sense of balance or fit best meets my personal and family needs.I want to improve my physical health, fitness and appearance.I need to cultivate positive habits and behaviors that will better serve my needs.I want to simplify my life. I’m tired of the hamster wheel.I need some help to improve my relationships with others or to find a nurturing relationship.I have a major health or life challenge that I need help to make constructive changes.I need to take better care of myself in all aspects of my life and make self-care a higher priority.I would like help to figure out what my personal needs are and how to satisfy them.I just want to be happier and experience more joy in life.

Do you have any other reasons you should work with a coach? Is there something I’ve missed that works for you? Please share with us in the comments below.

(Photo credit: A Football Diagram… via Shutterstock)

Royale Scuderi is a writer, life and business coach who empowers individuals and businesses to achieve higher productivity, growth, business success and work - life balance. She offers wisdom, insight and ideas to help you get the most out of your life at Productive Life Concepts.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment